Happy New Moon in Gemini: June 3, 2019
The New Moon in Gemini marks the beginning of a new cycle. The Taurus New Moon cycle ends and the Gemini New Moon cycle begins. This phase of the Moon occurs at 12 degrees and 34 minutes of Gemini, affecting people born with personal planets and points at approximately 10 to 18 degrees of the Mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces) most significantly. This New Moon in June 2019 promises wonderful new beginnings when it comes to learning new things, developing our skills and having clear, open communication. We can be curious and inquisitive over this time and watch how our openness to new things invites exciting variety into our lives over the next few months.
The New Moon in Gemini cycle presents opportunities to commit to personal goals that express the positive energies of the sign of the Twins. It’s time to improve our communication skills by listening to others and enjoying others’ points of view, rather than doggedly seeking to find that one elusive “answer.” This is a good cycle under which to re-evaluate our communication and social skills by questioning just how much we actually take in information and communicate in a friendly, non-threatening manner. With this potent Gemini energy, we have the chance to make important changes in our lives. Moon in Gemini manifests itself by the need for changes and spontaneity. Safety lies in thinking about your feelings and sharing them with others. You can be more talkative and speak with ease these days. You might have a better ability to keep a cool head, but beware, cold heart can discourage others. Harmony of thinking and feeling is important.
What does that mean for you? The New Moon in Gemini presents an excellent time to commit to personal goals that express the positive energies of the sign of the Twins:
- improve our communication skills by listening to others and enjoying others’ points of view, rather than doggedly seeking to find that one “answer”;
- take the time to socialize and enjoy others–whether they are neighbors, friends, family, or acquaintances–just for the simple pleasure of doing so;
- re-evaluate our communication and social skills by questioning just how much we actually take in information, and communicate in a friendly, non-threatening manner;
- find new venues to express ourselves and to learn by awakening our own curiosity, and refining our writing, speaking, teaching, and listening skills;
- add some mental variety to our lives;
- begin a new project that involves writing and/or speaking, or that is in the communications field;
- open our minds to gathering more information and facts from our environment.
Some of Gemini’s “lessons” involve learning to be comfortable with people– putting them at ease, and feeling at ease ourselves. Instead of communicating with others to prove a point, to come up with an answer to problems, or to get our opinions across, Gemini urges us to truly enjoy the moment. By consciously tuning in to positive Gemini energy, we learn that there isn’t always an answer, and we become comfortable with that idea. As we learn to let ourselves truly listen to others, we learn through others simply by being curious, and we improve our social and communication skills at the same time. We open our minds to more information, and we learn to truly enjoy the variety of different personalities around us. We become more aware of the superficiality of our communications. Although Gemini is sometimes associated with superficial connections and communications, dig a little deeper and you will see that there is much to learn from the light, two-way, and comfortable conversations that characterize the sign.
Mercury enters Cancer
Mercury is in Cancer from June 4-June 26, 2019. When Mercury is in Cancer, we move from the desire for quantity to the need for quality in terms of the information we are attracted to. We think, speak, and take in information on a deeper, more instinctive level now. We have less interest in what is universal, and more interest in what affects us personally and what affects the people around us. Our thoughts are colored by our emotions, so it is more challenging to be objective.
3 Tips for making the most of the New Moon in Gemini
- Learn a new skill – a New Moon in Gemini is all about learning everything you can – including a new skill. Whether it’s how to play the guitar, or make a new meal, embrace variety over this time!
- Be open to change – Gemini is a mutable sign, which means that change is par for the course. Learning how to adapt to change can be an invaluable skill in life and great to learn over this New Moon.
- Set boundaries – the hard angle to Neptune may create a lack of clarity going forward to be sure to set clear boundaries with yourself and with others and strive to be as honest as possible.