An aura is a colorful, multilayered oval energy field that is sometimes referred to as a psychic energy field. All living things are surrounded by an aura, which are oval-shaped, colored bands of sounds, lights and vibrations. Each layer within the aura vibrates differently. The aura contains information about our physical, emotional and spiritual health, and can reflect the condition of our chakras. It also holds a multitude of information about one’s past, present and future. An aura is noticeable in different ways to those who are sensitive to them. For example, many psychics, psychic mediums, and healers who are sensitive to the vibrations of each layer, can either visually see, or physically sense the colors. Kirlian cameras can also be used to photograph, and view the aura. Visualize, wear and surround yourself with those colors that you feel will benefit your unique mind, body and spirit.
SEVEN LAYERS OF THE AURA
The seven layers of the aura, also known as the subtle bodies, hold different forms of information. These layers correspond to the seven chakras. The energies from the chakras produce the auras. Physical, emotional and spiritual health affect the size of the aura. The aura layers expand and contract depending on those factors.
SENSING THE AURAS
At one time or another, you have sensed someone’s aura. This is often referred to as the “vibes,” or vibrations you get from a person. Aura sensing is demonstrated in children between the ages of four and six. For example, when drawing family members, some children use a specific color for each person. They do so because they sense the human aura, although they do not consciously realize it. Parents and teachers often question them about why they have chosen these specific colors. Believing that there might be something wrong about drawing this way because of all the questioning, the children eventually stop. As they continue to mature, the ability fades as logic gets in the way of psychic abilities.
An important part of maintaining overall well-being, and also in developing your psychic abilities, is to be aware of your auric field, and how to cleanse, and protect it. Everyone has an aura, which is a novel energy field made up of several layers, extending approximately three feet around you. Aura awareness, and cleansing are achieved through techniques, including the balancing of your chakra system. Unbalanced chakras are reflected in your aura, but at times, you might be unaware that an imbalance exists. Sometimes, you just feel out of sorts, and do not know where those feelings are coming from. Whether or not there is an imbalance, it is a good idea to cleanse it periodically, just in case any negative energies are lingering.
*RED* ~ Pertains to circulation, the heart, and physical body. A dense color, it attracts or repels. In a positive light, red energy is a healthy ego. In a negative light, red energy can give way to anger, unforgiving anxiety, or nervousness.
*SHADES OF RED*
- Deep Red – strong willed, grounded, survival, realistic.
- Muddy Red– anger.
- Clear Red – powerful, sensual, passionate, energetic, competitive.
- Orange Red – confidence.
- Bright Pink – sensual, artistic, affection, love, sensitive, compassion, can indicate clairaudience.
- Dark Muddy Pink – dishonesty, immaturity.
*ORANGE* ~ Pertains to the reproductive organs and emotional feelings. It is a color of good health, vitality and excitement. In a positive light, orange energy is productive, creative, sociable, and courageous. In a negative light, it can give way to stress, and addictions.
*SHADES OF ORANGE*
- Orange Yellow – intelligence, detail oriented, scientific, creative, perfectionist.
- Brownish Orange – low level of ambition, lazy or just repressed emotion.
*YELLOW* ~ Pertains to the spleen, and life energy. It is the color of awakening, optimism, easy-going nature, inspiration, and intelligence.
*SHADES OF YELLOW*
- Pale Yellow – psychic and spiritual awareness, optimism, hopefulness, positivity.
- Bright Yellow – fear of losing control, respect, power struggles and control both personally, and in business.
- Clear Metallic Gold – spirituality activated, inspirational awakening.
- Dark Muddy Yellow Gold – fatigue and stress from studying or trying to learn everything all at one time.
*GREEN* ~ Pertains to the heart and lungs. It is a comfortable, and healthy color of nature. Represents balance, growth, change. Depicts a love of people, animals, nature.
*SHADES OF GREEN* ~
- Emerald Green – healer, loving person.
- Yellow Green– Communication, heartfelt, creative.
- Muddy Forest Green – jealousy, victim, blaming others, insecurity, sensitive to criticism, lacking personal responsibility.
*TURQUOISE* ~ Pertains to the immune system. It is a sensitive, compassionate aura, that of a healer or a therapist.
*BLUE* ~ Pertains to the throat, and thyroid. It is a cool, calm and collected color, producing caring, loving, sensitive and intuitive energies.
*SHADES OF BLUE*
- Light Blue – peacefulness, clarity, intuitive, truthful
- Royal Blue – clairvoyance, very spiritual, generous, open to new opportunities.
- Muddy Blue – fear of expression, future, speaking the
*INDIGO* ~ Pertains to the third eye and pituitary gland. It is the color of deep feeling, intuition and sensitivity.
*VIOLET* ~ Pertains to the crown, pineal gland, and nervous system. It is the most sensitive of colors in the aura. It is intuitive, visionary, reveals psychic power, magical, artistic.
*LAVENDER* ~ This color denotes vision, imagination and daydreaming.
*SILVER* ~ Pertains to spiritual and physical abundance. A lot of bright silver in the aura, may mean money or a spiritual awakening.
*SHADES OF SILVER*
- Bright Metallic Silver – nurturing, intuitive, new ideas.
- Muddy Gray – accumulation of fear in the body, health problems when seen in certain areas of the body.
- Dirty Gray Overlay — pertains to the blocking of energy, guarded, skepticism.
*GOLD* ~ Pertains to divine protection, and enlightenment. Someone with this aura is encased in divine guidance, and has wisdom, inner peace, intuition and spiritual thinking.
*BLACK* ~ Pertains to pulling, capturing and transforming energy. Indicates an unforgiving nature (to self or others), past life problems, unreleased anger, grief or health problems.
*WHITE* ~ Pertains to reflecting other energy, and protection. It can signal a new energy in the aura, truth, purity, angelic qualities and a healthy individual. If there are flashes or sparkles of white light, angels are near.
*SHADES OF WHITE*
- Dirty Grayish White — possible illness.
*EARTH TONES* ~ Pertains to colors of the soil, wood, minerals, plants. These important, and good grounding colors can be seen in those who work outdoors, such as in farming.
*RAINBOW* ~ Rainbow stripes emanating as beams of light from the hand, head or body can indicate a healer.
*PASTELS* ~ Pertains to sensitivity, and a need for serenity. They are seen as soft blends of light and color.
*BROWN* ~ Greedy, self-absorbed, close-minded.
*SHADES OF BROWN*
- Dirty Brown Overlay — holds on to negative energy, insecurity.